Golden Milk is a creamy drink that many enjoy before bed. It is warm and comforting and good for you! Give it a try!
First Make The Golden Paste
½ cup turmeric powder
1 cup spring water (+ ½ extra if necessary)
1.5 tsp ground black pepper (it helps your body absorb the tumeric)
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Mix water (1 cup) with turmeric powder in a pan and slowly heat it up and stir for 6-10 minutes until you get a thick paste (add the additional ½ cup water if it is too thick).
- Add black pepper and oil and continue stirring until all the ingredients are fully mixed in together.
- Allow the paste to cool. Store in the refrigerator in a jar for up to 1-2 weeks.
How to Make Golden Milk:
1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric paste
1 cup of almond milk
Organic, raw, unfiltered honey for taste
Mix all the ingredients together over medium heat except the honey. Do not allow it to boil. Add a bit of honey for taste and drink as soon as it’s cool enough.
The paste can be taken as is in small amount (1/4 tsp) 2 to 3 times a day, or mixed with honey for a better taste.
It also can be added to different dishes: salads, smoothies, curries, rice or soup. Experiment with what tastes better for you.
Recommended Turmeric Dosage:
The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends the following daily dosages for adults:
- Raw root: 1.5-3 grams
- Powdered turmeric: 1-3 grams
- Curcumin standardized powder: 400-600 mg, three times a day
- Liquid extract (1:1): 30-90 drops
- Tincture (1:2): 15-30 drops, four times a day
*Adapted from : http://www.davidwolfe.com/turmeric-golden-milk-before-bed/