Crunchy Mediterranean Wedge Salad
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Greek Rub
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 seedless cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 4 oz (125 g) feta cheese
- Sliced kalamata olives and Crunchy Pita Strips (optional, see Cook’s Tip)
- 2-3 lemons
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) sugar
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with rub. Arrange chicken in Small Ridged Baker; cover with Parchment Paper.
- Microwave chicken on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC). Set aside to cool.
- Slice tomatoes with Simple Slicer on #3 setting. Slice cucumber on #2 setting and slice onion on #1 setting. Cut vegetable slices into quarters. Combine vegetables in Classic Batter Bowl.
- Remove outer leaves of each head of lettuce. (Do not core heads of lettuce.) Using Chef’s Knife, cut each head of lettuce lengthwise into three 1½-inch-thick (4-cm) slices; arrange slices on Large Bamboo Platter.
- For dressing, juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/3 cup (75 mL). Process juice, oil, rub and sugar in Manual Food Processor until blended.
- Remove chicken from baker to clean Cutting Board. Cut chicken crosswise into ½-in. (1-cm) slices with Santoku Knife.
To assemble salad, crumble feta with Easy Release Cheese Crumbler. Top each lettuce slice with chicken, vegetables, feta and olives, if desired. Drizzle with dressing and top with Crunchy Pita Strips, if desired.
6 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 290, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 25 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
To prepare Crunchy Pita Strips, thinly slice two pocketless pitas into 1/8-inch-wide (3-mm) strips; cut strips into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces. Place pita pieces into Large Micro-Cooker®; spray with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer and sprinkle with ½ tbsp (7 mL) Greek Rub. Toss to coat using Chef’s Tongs. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until crunchy, stirring occasionally.
*Recipe Courtesy of http://new.pamperedchef.com/recipe/585012